Storage Virtualization & SDS
Storage Virtualization for a simplified storage management.
Managing multiple storage devices can be difficult and time-consuming, so many IT managers turn to storage virtualization technology for data storage management. Storage virtualization can hide the complexity of a storage-area network (SAN) by pooling together multiple storage devices so they look like they're just one storage device. Reducing the complexity of a SAN can often help IT administrators perform backup tasks more easily.
Some of the Storage Virtualization benefits:
- Present multiple components as a single logical pool
- Add capacity to any storage solution and then divide resources as needed
- Redefine new virtual storage pools from existing storage arrays or internal storage
- Gain more space with thin-provisioning and space reclamation
- Protect your data by taking a snapshot
- Move data non-disruptively to avoid hot spots and bottlenecks